Get Into the Holiday Spirit with These Easy, Environmentally Friendly Tips
Are you dashing through the stores on a mission to buy gifts for your loved ones or preparing for a holiday party? Being kind to the environment this holiday season is easy with these handy tips:
- Brighten up your table with Ontario potted plants and fresh cut flowers.
- Use your handheld device to read recipes and sing carols — printing is so yesterday!
- Buy local by rustling up some local rutabagas and other delicious Ontario food. Just look for the Foodland Ontario Logo.
- While you›re at it, discover Ontario wines and craft beer to complement any Ontario meal.
- Find a fir, pick a pine or select a spruce that›s locally grown. Just look for the Ontario Wood tag.
- Bah hum-bug — can›t get the right gifts? Start new traditions with homemade gifts, re-gifting and donations to local charities.
- Wrap gifts with recycled paper, cloth and ribbon ties to reduce waste this season!
- Bring nature indoors with pine cones and evergreen branches.
- Send festive electronic invitations or emails. Or surprise your guests with a phone call!